Innisfil Transit and Social OutcomesJune 9, 2020
Active Transportation Planning and Travel Behaviour Change in a Post-COVID-19 CanadaJune 15, 2021
Blog Post By:
Raktim Mitra & Paul Hess
We're kicking of the 2021 New Year with a brand new publication by our co-director Dr. Raktim Mitra and Dr. Paul Hess from the University of Toronto on e-scooters and its potential users. Here are some of the highlights:
- Intention to consider using shared e-scooters was explored using data from neighbourhood travel surveys.
- 21% adults would consider using e-scooters when available.
- The majority of people would replace their current walk and transit trips with an e-scooter trip.
- Preference toward trip efficiency, and environment and health-consciousness, were positively associated with potential e-scooter consideration.
- Perceived walkability/bikability and street safety increased the likelihood of considering shared e-scooter in future.
For more information, click the button below.
Published in the Journal: Travel Behaviour and Society
Volume 23, April 2021, Pages 100-107